We are delighted to announce that thanks to the generosity of our supporters we have raised £2,000 towards the total appeal fund. We have also received a grant from the Sutton Coldfield Charitable Trust, which means that we can now go ahead and purchase the larger shed, purpose made plastic hutches and 2 incubators.
A huge thank you to everyone who contributed to this fundraising effort and helped us to achieve our target in a staggering 3 months.
We can now replace our critical care facility which is wonderful news but we can’t rest there. We need to make sure that we can cover the day to day running costs of the rescue including vet bills, food, medication and other medical equipment. Last year Claire and Matt spent nearly £4,000 on day to day running costs for the rescue out of the family income. They can’t do this indefinitely so this year we are continuing to raise money to help cover these costs in the future. We have a presence at a number of events this year so take a look at the home page for a list of forthcoming events.
The Snuffles Hedgehog Rescue Running Cost Appeal aims to raise £4,000 in 2016 to pay for:
- Esbilac specialist baby hedgehog milk
- Adult hedgehog food (meat based cat or dog food in jelly. Each year the rescue uses approx 4,000 tins)
- Vet Bills
- Specialist medical equipment (syringes, feeding tubes)
- Heating and lighting costs for the critical care unit
- Hedgehog marking tags
- Publicity and printing costs for information leaflets